for Unity of Tulsa-Midtown's modified Youth of Unity (YOU) schedule due to Covid-19 restrictions.
What is YOU?
The Youth of Unity (YOU) is an international youth group for teens ages 14-18 (grades 9-12). The purpose of YOU is to encourage and assist in the spiritual growth of all young people who are seeking to express the indwelling Christ in accordance with the principles of practical Christianity as taught and interpreted by Unity World Headquarters at Unity Village and Unity Worldwide Ministries. YOU provides youth the opportunity to explore Unity's principles and other truth teachings and to demonstrate these in their daily lives.
Teens discuss and learn a variety of spiritual teachings, attend social gatherings, and become involved in their church and community. Officers, or a leadership team, are often elected to help plan for the local group.
Goals of the YOU Chapter
CONCEPT: The purpose of the YOU chapter is to unify all young people who are seeking to express the indwelling Christ in accordance with the principles of practical Christianity as taught and interpreted by Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- To introduce the individual to Truth principles.
- To help the individual to understand and practice Truth principles in his/her everyday life.
- To involve the individual in actual prayer and meditation experiences.
- To promote the ideal of individuals working together and enjoying fellowship, worship, study and service.
- Provide a weekly opportunity to explore a concept in Truth.
- Provide an environment of security and safety for the sharing and exploration of feelings.
- Create an atmosphere of total acceptance to help young people establish their own identity, self-worth and confidence, and a feeling of “belonging.”
- Help young people explore and seek a set of values FOR THEMSELVES.
- Help students define THEIR OWN purpose for living and develop a method of finding answers to life’s complexities.
- Help students develop a sense of interdependence through working together in a supportive, non-critical environment.
- Introduce new ways of communicating with self and others based on the principles of affirmation, denials and beholding the Christ in all people and situations.
- Expose the YOU-ers to their own personal power through creative self-expression and service activities.
LIKE + FOLLOW INTERNATIONAL YOUTH OF UNITY
for Unity of Tulsa-Midtown's modified YOU schedule due to Covid-19 restrictions.